When you flip the bag over and read the other side.. the nutritional content as described in Chinese says 80g of sugar 110g fat.
Far be it for me to say that the Chinese don't understand how to market to an American audience... I just find it amusing that if you're able to read Chinese you'll know that the English labelling is a lie.
I wonder though.. how many other such things are out there on the market.. and how much are American consumers taken in by the ida that if soemthing is in English they can trust it.
I remember once seeing a sign that read "Beware of Dogs" in English and then "it sleeps and looks dead, but isn't" in Spanish. Other funny signs: "Guard may shoot" in English and "caution electricity" in Dutch.
At any rate, English-speakers really should learn other languages. Just in case the rest of the world is putting us on.

2 Comments:
At 3:59 PM,
Eliyak said…
Somewhere along those lines, when I went to Dominick's last Friday to buy challahs for Shabbos, I found that they had three left- none of which were kosher...
At 5:39 PM,
Meowmix Chatul said…
oy, well that is kind of funny.. whyever of course would anyone want a non-kosher challah?
Post a Comment
<< Home